Introduction to the EFQM Applications
Sheikh Saqr Program for Government Excellence
It is a general framework for administrative systems of organizations, established by the European Foundation for Quality (EFQM) to lead institutions towards excellence and competitiveness, and fits all institutions, regardless of the size, scope of work, structure. This model has proved a huge success in leading institutions towards excellence, and a tool that helps organizations measure their performance and identify and understand gaps and then put the best solution.
To view the categories of Sheikh Saqr Program for Government Excellence, please visit http://www.raksspge.com
Definition of Quality and ISO
Many people understand that quality means (good quality), but if we want to sum up the definition of the science of quality we can say that it is meeting the needs and requirements of customers and the continuous improvement of production processes to gain customer satisfaction and improve service and production quality, and raise the level of performance of workers and reduce costs, time and effort.
"ISO" stands for the International Standardization Organization, a global association based in Geneva, Switzerland.
ISO Family Members
- Series of specifications for the Quality Management System - ISO 9001:2008
- Series of specifications for the Environmental Management System - ISO - 14001:2004
- Series of specification for the Occupational Health and Safety Management System – OHSAS 18001:1999
- Series of specifications for the Food Safety Management System – HACCP ISO 22000:2005
- Series of general requirements for the Competence of testing and calibration laboratories - ISO 17025:2000
- Series of specifications for the Information Security Management System - ISO 27001:2005