Corpoarte Communications Office
This department's objectives center around the interaction with the
audience, as it is keen to create a close relationship between the
department and its dealers. We in the Municipality of Ras Al Khaimah
believe that municipal work does not reach the perfect score without
effective communication with the public and without meeting their needs
and achieving their aspirations, and this can only happen through
transparency and the establishment of a special relationship with the
media outlets and other decision makers in the society. We at the Office
of Institutional Communications are working to enhance communications
between senior management and other administrations in the department.
Tasks & Responsibilities
the level of communication with dealers and raise the level of their
awareness and culture, and create interactive channels to increase
- Deepen communication with customers to promote
knowledge and recognition of the activities of the Municipality
Department through publication in the Ras Al Khaimah Municipality
Magazine, statistical books, brochures, memos, posters, newspapers and
direct contact through events and celebrations.
- Increase efficiency and overall capacity in the field of government communication.
- Strategic planning for the institutional communications based on the plan and strategy of Ras Al Khaimah Municipality.
- Classification of information in cooperation with the relevant authorities, building on and employing the information.
- Building the concept of respect for the Arabic language.
- Promoting national identity.
- Emphasize and promote institutional culture.
- Contribute to the clarity of the institutional environment and promote the positive image of the municipality employees.
- Encourage internal and external communication with customers.
- Deepening the partnership role with the external parties.
- Contribute to awareness campaigns.
- Encourage meaningful advertising.
technological progress and engagement in new communication tools and
their use to serve the goals of the Office of institutional
- Responding to media outlets and media communication.
open media relations benefiting both parties to promote public
awareness and give them the opportunity to understand the policy of the
municipality and its initiatives, programs and all outputs.
Corporate Development Office
Corporate Development Office specializes in applying quality
systems, models and the requirements of the development of the
institutional performance and government excellence so as to promote a
culture of excellence and outstanding service to customers. RAK Municipality received two international ISO certificates in 2006: 9001-2008 (administrative) and 14001-2004 (environmental).
March 2013, the Municipality won second place in the category of
Distinguished Government Department in Sheikh Saqr Program for
Government Excellence, and first place in the category of Distinguished
Quality Unit, thus translating the continuous efforts in the
implementation of an action plan in line with the requirements of
institutional performance excellence and achieving leaderships' visions
in growth and development.
Tasks & Responsibilities
and documents of work procedures in the Municipality and follow-up
their adjustment as per work interest and requirements of the quality
system practiced in the Municipality.
- Improve the level of service provided by conducting studies related to the services provided by the Municipality.
working methods, tools and mechanisms respectively, and develop
criteria for measuring the performance of the operations in the
Municipality, in coordination with the concerned departments.
- Preparation, implementation and follow-up of plan and internal audit programs of the quality system in the Municipality.
- Follow-up corrective and preventive measures for work issues.
- Spread the culture of quality in the Municipality through leaflets, brochures, competitions and seminars.
- Collecting necessary data and information for quality management.
- Analysis of data and information.
- The application of self-assessment on an annual basis.
- Preparation and follow-up of improvement plans and presenting their results to the department's administration.
- Cooperation and coordination with all departments of the Municipality.
- Prepare annual reports on the achievements of the office.
- Follow-up of suggestions and complaints of customers in all departments, in coordination with supervisors and coordinators of quality systems.